The State Department for Trade, Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives has organised the 2nd Kenya Trade Week and Exposition scheduled to take place from Monday 30th July to Friday 3rd August 2018 at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC). The theme of Trade Week and Exposition is “Powering Kenya Big 4 Agenda through Trade”.
Below is a highlight of the week’s activities:
- Launch of National Export Initiative in Support of the Big 4 Agenda on 30thJuly 2018;
- Official Opening of the 2ndKenya Trade Week and Exposition and Launch National Export Development and Promotion Strategy (NEDPS)on 31stJuly 2018 by H.E. President Uhuru Kenyatta;
- Gala Dinner to celebrate the EPC journey on 31stJuly starting at 17.30 hours, the Chief Guest will be H.E. the Deputy President, William Ruto;
- High Level Deliberations towards Promoting Fair Trade Practices to Spur Delivery of the Big 4 Agenda - a focus on combating illicit trade; on 1stAugust 2018.
- Discussions on Maximizing Market Access Opportunities especially with reference to the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA); and,
- Deliberations on Ease of doing business, competitiveness and Trade Facilitation in support of Big 4 Agenda. among other sessions.